Wednesday, July 25, 2007

And......Relax

Yo Yo Yo! Word Up! Aye.

So, phew - time to settle down then. Heather's parents have been and just gone. Our stuff has arrived and is now sitting comfortably in our home. Kinda. Time to chill,

We've had a fun few weeks since the last post. Done the tourist thing with Heather's parents. We've been to the mountains on both sides now. Firstly we went to Leavenworth which is a cheesy German tourist town in the cascades, beautiful drive, nice ice cream :) Emily and I played in the river whilst Heather and Audrey (Mum) noseyed around. Last week we went in the opposite direction to deception pass in the Olympics. Once again, stunning scenery and lots of ferry rides. I'll post some photos (honest).

The moving in people turned up about 10 days ago - it was weird to see all our stuff again - and amazing how it all fitted on one tiny container. You'll be relieved to here that my bikes all made it safe and sound. I am planning my inaugural ride for tonight. If the weather holds (sorry to rub it in English people).

The rest of the furniture is out, Emily is already too big for her cot bed. I can't believe how much she has grown since we've been here - even to us. We are starting to make friends and Emily has been enjoying hanging out with a couple of English boys we know. Last week we had a welcome to summer picnic in the rain and she enjoyed getting wet running around the other children.

My vision of suburban America (driven mostly by Steven Spielberg films such as ET) is turning out nicely. I met the neighbours the other day (fairly intimidating). They were all playing outside in the neighbourhood, throwing footballs, riding bikes etc etc. I used Emily as my prop and away we went. Well they turned out to be a very friendly bunch and I was even offered a Coors Light (which is a bit like beer but with no taste or alcohol). It is a bit odd though as they have a homeowners association which I think can get a bit arsy when you have too many weeds in your garden (which we do) and too many branches on your roof (which we do) and too many noisy smelly cars on your driveway (we have 1).

Its all good fun moving to a new country. Next time I write I'll update you on the overly confusing health care system, the fact that nothing is as it seems and how I'll be a 16 stone man mountain by the end of the summer.

Mucho love to all that know us.

Chris

1 comment:

Andy and Anna said...

Great to hear all your news. Miss you guys heaps. Glad you're finally surrounded by all your familiar things once again. Things here are good (except for the RAIN!) Elizabeth's 5 months next week and such a joy.
Loads of love, us all. x