Friday, May 11, 2007

sleepless in Seattle

Hello everyone from the U S of A!!! We did it! It feels like we are on holiday, except it isn't. I don't know when reality will hit, probably when Chris goes back to work. Emily travelled well on the journey and is already adjusting her sleeping habits. I need to get out to find a Trader Jo's grocery store today to stock up on the basics like salt and pepper. Chris and I may have to take it in turns to go out today because I think Emily may have the beginnings of Chicken Pox. She had a spot on her tummy last night and a fever, and this morning she has a blister on her hand. I shall be keeping an eye on her.

Thank you to everyone who wrote in our leaving book! Yes, it did make me cry. We have it on our coffee table and keep flicking through it. It is a lovely keepsake.

The weather here is pretty nice at the moment which has made the transition easier. I'm sure all the sunshine has helped us to reset out bodyclocks. The skies were cloudy the whole flight up until about an hour outside of Seattle. Since it was clear when we landed, we had a brilliant view of Mt. Ranier and it is a whopper, and totally snow covered above the cloud line. If you are coming to visit us, the left side of the plane is the side to sit for the view of the volcano, but I couldn't comment on the rest of the trip on this side due to the cloud cover. Still, it meant we had a nice smooth ride, whith almost no turbulance, hurrah!

That's all my jetlagged brain can write for now, but as you can see, I am already making an effort on the old email! Hope you all appreciate it, love to all, Heather

No comments: